Sunday, December 16, 2012

On the Road Again

Location: Singapore, Singapore
NP: Guns n' Roses - Civil War
Mood: Expectant

The smell of durian fills the air. People keep treading back and forth on the corridor. On the tv an old woman claims she cannot sleep.


Yes, I am back on the road again, this time in Singapore, where I'll be staying for a month. My original plan was to remain here for three months, but unfortunately duty calls back to Finland early next year.

I'm jetlagged. This is my sixth day in Singapore and I still find it very difficult to sleep at night and stay awake during the day. This is especially difficult while staying at hostels where other guests are likely to disturb your sleep during the day.

A sign on a backdoor of ABC Hostel.
Singaporean tv certainly doesn't help. Overly simplified, naive characters in foreseeable plots. I'm being unfair. It could just be these two shows on channel 8 I've been staring tiredly at today. I think they're Chinese.

The colours of Bugis.
Switched to a hotel again today, although I enjoyed Woke Home Capsule Hostel far more than the other two hostels I've seen in Singapore. Much more privacy and the place was clean - too clean for cockroaches, which is surprising here.

My capsule at Woke Home Capsule Hostel.
I will be writing some on this trip, though mostly I'm supposed to study here. Travelling alone now but staying put in a single city for all this time. There's so much Singapore to be explored.

No comments:

Post a Comment